BOPAT ELECTRIC COMPANY, INCORPORATED, located in the City of Columbia, Maryland, with a branch office located in Frederick, Maryland, is a Merit Shop Contractor and a member of the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. and Independent electrical contractors.
The President, Chief Executive Officer, and License Holder of the company is MR. ROBERT A. DRIGGERS. Mr. Driggers was born in Washington, D.C. in 1939, attended the University of Baltimore, and currently resides in Columbia, Maryland. He began his electrical education as an apprentice in 1961, and subsequently worked as an apprentice, mechanic, and in management with several local electrical contractors in the Baltimore area. Mr. Driggers is a former member of the Howard County Board of Electrical Supervisors.
BOPAT ELECTRIC has offices in Rumsey Center in Columbia, Maryland and at 305 East 4th Street in Frederick, Maryland. The company was founded in 1972 as a Sole Proprietorship, and incorporated in the fall of 1981.
BOPAT ELECTRIC enjoys a healthy business relationship with many companies in the area. Some of the larger ones are:
- L. F. JENNINGS, INC.
- THE MANEKIN CORPORATION
- E. E. REED
- CHESAPEAKE CONTRACTING GROUP, INC.
- C.M. PARKER COMPANY, INC.
- STOEHR COMPANIES, INC.
- THERRIEN WADDELL
- LOCKHEED MARTIN
- SUMMIT INTERIORS CONSTRUCTION, INC.
- OPUS A&E
- BUCHANAN PROPERTIES, INC
- HUBERT CONSTRUCTION
- THE WINTER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
- FISHER AND STRACHAN
- HAMEL COMMERCIAL
- ST JOHN PROPERTIES
BOPAT ELECTRIC has performed the electrical design and construction of more than 4 million square feet of office, warehouse, research and industrial development facilities in such diverse areas as Columbia, Frederick, Metropolitan Baltimore, Montgomery, Prince Georges County and Northern Virginia. The company also has extensive experience in the electrical design and construction of "Tempest" Radio Frequency Shielding construction and computer room electrical power conditioning.
In December 1983, BOPAT ELECTRIC was awarded the 1983 Award of Excellence from the National Association of Industrial and Office Parks for its role in the electrical engineering of Rivers Corporate Park. In 1986 BOPAT ELECTRIC received the same award for Patuxent Woods Corporate Park. Our most recent achievement was the "1995 Excellence in Construction Award" bestowed by Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. for the "Youngschool" project.
Of equal importance to the above, BOPAT ELECTRIC performs the electrical construction, renovation, and service for many companies in the area on an on-going basis. Among these companies are:
- Chick-Fil-A Restaurants
- The Mall in Columbia
- Standard Parking Facilities
- Brown Ferris Industries
- Trammell Crow
- Advanced Telecom Group
- Giesecke & Derrient American, Inc. – Dulles, Virginia
- Lockheed Martin
- Cox /communications
- Shimadzu Scientific
- Manekin Corporation
- G. I. Diagnostics Centers
- Wells Fargo Mortgage
- Wells Fargo Mortgage
- Many National Account Services
Some examples of completed work are as follows:
- Construction of Home Gate Studios in Columbia, Maryland.
- Construction of Staybridge Suites in Columbia, Maryland.
- Construction of Super Fresh stores in various locations.
- Construction of Food Lion stores in various locations.
- Construction of Safeway stores in various locations.
- Design and Construction of ESL Corporation (a division of TRW)
- Design and Construction of Greystone Grill Restaurants.
- Design and Construction of BDM Corporation
- Design and Construction of numerous Opus One Industrial Parks
- Design and Construction of Prudential Mortgage
- Construction of the Patrick Center (Frederick''s tallest building to date)
- Construction of MedImmune Medical Research Facility
- Construction of Krieger Medical Office Building
- Construction of Fidelity and Deposit Computer Operation Center
- Construction of Harborview Condominiums
- Construction of Coca-Cola Enterprises Computer Operation Center
- Construction of Fort Meade Golf Clubhouse
- Construction of Maple Lawn Business/Retail Campus
- Construction of a 6-story Office Building in Gaithersburg,MD.
- Construction of a 5-story Sheraton Hotel in Rockville, Md.
- Construction of N.S.A. Computer Operation Center and Communication Conduit Network
- Construction of First Union Operations Center
- Construction of First Baptist Church of Gaithersburg
- Construction of Church of the Redeemer Worship Center and School Facility in Gaithersburg
BOPAT ELECTRIC is the Holder of Statewide Licenses in Maryland and Virginia and is individually licensed in Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel County Calvert County, Carroll County, Frederick County, Frederick City, Howard County, Prince Georges County, Montgomery County, Worchester County, the City of Hagerstown, The City of Gaithersburg, The City of Rockville, Washington County, Maryland, Loudon County, and Fairfax County, Virginia.
The goals and objectives of BOPAT ELECTRIC are to provide top-quality workmanship in electrical trouble-shooting and repair, excellence in all phases of commercial electrical construction and service, and the Total Satisfaction of their customers.